The kids and I have been hanging out at my Mom’s in Texas this past week. It’s Spring Break in Colorado this week, so we took it as an opportunity to visit the family. My bonus is that the kiddos have spent the past two days with the ex in-laws, which means serious down time for me. Yesterday was spent outside cleaning and rearranging my Mom’s patio. Of course, that wasn’t the plan when I walked out the door. My original plan was to stain her outdoor center table to match her adirondack chairs.
This is it before. Notice the bazillion leaves and oak thingy’s (scientific term) covering it and the ground? Yeah, they were everywhere. It’s impossible to see in the photo, but oak pollen (a lovely shade of green) is also layering everything quite nicely. So what started with the wiping down of a simple table for staining turned into an all day cleaning event.
But, I did eventually get to the table. And, here it is in all it’s glory. Now stained to perfectly match the chairs that were all stained last summer. If you happen to notice the funkiness of the stain on the chair behind the table, you can give my mom credit for that little boo-boo. When she was working on the chairs it was in last year’s crazy summer heat and I have a feeling the stain was probably drying within seconds of hitting the wood. She’s never noticed it and may be if I sneak outside and fix it today, she never will.
Before we begin the party, here are a few of the favorite from last week.
Start at Home shared the completion of her awesome picture wall.
And, Haute to Sew, shared this super cute t-shirt headband.
What have you been up to this week?
Please feel free share any recent projects whether it be crafting, sewing, painting, redecorating, cooking or even woodworking.
- I’d love a linkback. Not required, but very much appreciated. You can grab a button (located over on the sidebar) or just include a regular ol’ linkback.
- Follow me and I’ll Follow you. Google Friend Connect widget is located on the far right over there.
- Post your latest project whatever it may be. I love to see new ideas and creations of all kinds, so almost anything goes. All I ask is that you don’t add direct links to shops or giveaways, please.
- Be sure you linkback to your actual post, not your homepage.
- Please be kind and visit at least one other link to see what others have created.
Did you like this? Share it: